Apply now by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Backend Developer
Work as part of a small, flexible team to design and develop correct, performant and elegant (in that order) backend services. Handle thousands to millions of concurrent users while remaining robust in the face of unexpected failures and load spikes. Each new project is unlike the others and carries new challenges that are waiting to be solved. We are operating both domestically, as well as in cooperation with international partners.
This is a full-time on-site position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing production-grade server software in Scala and/or Java.
- Understanding of concurrent and parallel programming.
- Familiarity with cluster computing, network programming, and cloud technologies.
- Ability to work both as part of a team, and independently without supervision.
- Understanding the value of balance between writing perfect code and satisfying business requirements.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Familiarity with Event Sourcing and/or CQRS paradigms.
- Experience with Akka.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores. Ability to reason about correctness and performance implications of different storage engines and their configurations, particularly in a distributed setting.
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX-based systems.
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Full stack development experience, knowledge of modern frontend (web or mobile) technologies and ecosystems.
- Examples of technical experience, such as:
- Open source GitHub/Bitbucket/etc repositories.
- Links to technical talks.
- Active StackOverflow account.
- Technical blog.
- Coursera/Udacity/edX certificates.
- Links to prior successful commercial projects. A short description of the major challenges solved is a plus.
- A competitive salary on par with the top players on the Estonian market.
- Engaging and challenging projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- A tight-knit, experienced team that is willing to teach and is ready to learn.